Tips for Planning a Honeymoon
• Ensure the best honeymoon experience for you and your spouse when you purchase a honeymoon package in advance, including your flight, hotel, and activities.
• You’ll want to finalize and book your honeymoon approximately 4-6 months before you plan to travel.
• To give yourself enough time to prepare for your honeymoon, start shopping and packing about 1-2 weeks before your trip.
• Make sure to leave at least one day in-between your wedding day and your honeymoon trip. Most flights leave in the early morning, so you’ll want to give yourself enough time to get to the airport.
• Attention brides—if your passport is issued in your maiden name, make sure the information on your flight and hotel reservations matches your passport and any other required travel documentation.
• Bring a copy of your marriage certificate. Many hotels require proof of marriage to take advantage of special amenities exclusive for honeymooning couples.
• This is a trip of a lifetime, so pamper yourself by flying first-class, upgrading your room to a suite, and by choosing a hotel that caters to honeymoon couples.
• Go for the all-inclusive honeymoon package. With your food, beverages, accommodations, and amenities taken care of, it’ll be one less thing on your mind.